For the past 24 hours, I have been consumed with thoughts of the pump. To pump or not to pump? To pump now or wait until a later date?
Gregg and I have talked and talked and talked, and after much thought and discussion, we've decided to wait.
We set aside our endo's opinions. We made the decision for other reasons, and really, we would push for the pump, if the timing felt right. We have a good rapport with our endo, and we're not afraid to speak up.
We're having a rough year with Jack's teacher. The more I began to think about introducing a pump to her, the more I realized that's not a good idea. Gregg agrees.
Besides, as our endo pointed out, Jack does not mind getting shots. He never complains about shots.
So, we don't need a pump now. We can wait.
We'll revisit the topic next summer, and we may need to wait until the end of next year, because of our insurance deductible. We'll see.
Gregg and I are both at ease with our decision, and Jack didn't seem disappointed, which was a relief. He wants a pump, but he's okay with waiting. I think he, more than anything, just wanted to know that it's an option for him.
We're going to go ahead and get the CGM. We're all excited about that. :-)